Dating is usually the first step in forming long lasting partnerships. How we pick a partner, treat a partner and allow ourselves to be treated by a partner are all important aspects of all relationships.
What is Safe Dating?
- Safe dating relationships will have the following characteristics:
- Both partners respect each other and their opinions
- Both partners support and encourage the other's goals and ambitions
- Both partners encourage the other to have friends
- Both partners communicate opening and honestly
- Both partners accept the differences between them
In a healthy dating relationship, one partner would never ask another to do something they are uncomfortable with, or that could damage their reputation, such as sexting, cybering or making sex a relationship must. If you are not sure about your relationship, or you want to make sure that you know what a healthy relationship looks like, you can download and work on safe dating worksheets.